Friday, September 11, 2009

Pin It

Amazing IT Quotes

UNIX is simple. But it just needs a genius to understand its simplicity.

-Dennis Ritchie



Before software can be reusable, it first has to be usable.

-Ralph Johnson



Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

-Fred Brooks



It's hard enough to find an error in your code when you're looking for it;
It's even harder when you've assumed your code is error-free.

-Steve McConnell Code Complete



The trouble with the world is that the stupid are sure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell



If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be
the process of putting them in.

-Edsger Dijkstra
You can either have software quality or you can have pointer arithmetic;
You cannot have both at the same time.

-Bertrand Meyer



There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third works.

-Alan J. Perlis



Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.

-Bill Gates



The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development
time.
The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the
development time.

-Tom Cargill



Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs.
The Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots.
So far the Universe is winning.

-Anonymous
Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work.
Practice is when something works, but you don't know why it works.
Programmers combine Theory and Practice: Nothing works and they don't
know why.

-Anonymous



The Six Phases of a Project:

* Enthusiasm
* Disillusionment
* Panic
* Search for the Guilty
* Punishment of the Innocent
* Praise for non-participants

-Anonymous



No matter how slick (efficient) the demo is in rehearsal, when you do it
in front of a live audience,
The probability of a flawless presentation is
Inversely proportional to the number of people watching,
Raised to the power of the amount of money involved.

-Anonymous

0 Comments: